The Supreme Court, in a 6-3 decision, has struck down the law banning commercial sports betting. This allows each State to decide if they will allow commercial sports betting. This is a step in the right direction to allow bookmaking in Texas, hopefully the legislature will move quickly. The gambling business in Houston is booming. Members-only game rooms have recently opened up and are operating under the incorrect assumption they have found a loophole in the law.
- 10 Easy Ways to Avoid Getting Pulled Over
- Cops Must Have a Warrant to Access Cellular Location Information
- What to do (and not do) When You’re Stopped by the Police
- New Year’s is No-Refusal and “You’re Probably Going to Jail”
- Should You Refuse a Breathalyzer Test During the Holidays?