The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) provides statistics on the prevalence of motorcycle accidents in the state, and you or a loved one could be a part of such statistics if you were involved in a motorcycle accident in Texas City. The person or people responsible for causing your motorcycle accident may be financially liable for your losses. Call Blass Law today at (713) 225-1900 to learn about how a Texas City motorcycle accident lawyer could assist you after a collision.
Such an accident may result in:
- Serious injury
- Financial costs
- Permanent disability
Dangerous Drivers May Cause a Motorcycle Accident
While those who drive dangerously may be generally aware that they are being reckless, the consequences of their actions become real when they cause a collision such as a motorcycle accident.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) lists some motorist behaviors that may increase the risk of an accident. They are:
- Driving while drunk
- Driving while drug-impaired
- Being distracted while driving, which may include texting, monitoring social media, adjusting a vehicle’s entertainment system, or eating or drinking while driving
- Driving while in an unsafe state, such as being drowsy
In addition to these behaviors listed by the NHTSA, drivers may increase the risk of causing a motorcycle accident by:
- Ignoring or otherwise failing to obey traffic signals such as red lights
- Tailgating other vehicles
- Weaving in and out of different lanes
- Failing to signal before turning
- Driving an unsafe vehicle
- Failing to secure cargo attached to or inside of your vehicle
Those who operate their vehicle in a dangerous fashion may be a risk to:
- Their passengers
- Other motor vehicle drivers
If dangerous driving caused a motorcycle accident involving you or your loved one, then you may be able to recover compensation for your accident-related losses.
For a legal consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Texas City, call 713-225-1900
A Motorcycle Accident May Cause Severe Injury or Death
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that motorcyclists face an elevated risk of dying in a traffic accident, especially if a rider is not wearing a helmet at the time of the collision.
The Daily News of Galveston County reported on a serious Texas City motorcycle crash in 2019, while The Houston Chronicle documented the death of another motorcyclist in a separate incident the same year. In other words, the risk associated with motorcycle accidents is a clear, real threat.
Some injuries that may come from a motorcycle accident and could produce serious health problems include:
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal bleeding
- Injury to your internal organs
- Brain damage
These and other injuries that you could suffer because of a motorcycle accident may cause significant physical, psychological, emotional, and financial harm. You may be able to recover compensation from one or more parties responsible for inflicting such harm to you or a loved one.
Call Blass Law today at (713) 225-1900 to learn how a Texas City motorcycle accident lawyer can help you seek a settlement or judgement covering your losses.
Texas City Motorcycle Accident Attorney 713-225-1900
A Texas City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer May Document Your Post-Accident Losses
Being injured or losing a loved one because of a motorcycle accident could produce significant harm to your quality of life. Financial losses that you could experience because of a motorcycle accident include:
- A significant period of time when you are unable to work because of your injuries, and may be unable to earn a living as a result
- Substantial medical expenses to diagnose and treat your injuries
- A restriction in the types of jobs you are able to work even when you recover from your injuries, as your accident may produce long-term health consequences
- A decline in your overall earning power
- A restriction in the number of hours you are able to work
If you suffer a permanent disability or endure chronic pain, then additional costs may include:
- The cost of hiring a part- or full-time caregiver
- The cost of medication to combat pain from accident-related injuries
- The cost of medical devices necessary to help your recover from your injuries, or to adjust to day-to-day life with a disability
- The loss of income for any loved ones who stop working in order to help care for you, or vice versa
Additional losses that could come from a motorcycle accident may include:
- Harm to your mental health
- Changes in your personality
- Harm to your cognitive abilities
- Loss of various opportunities caused by certain injuries
- A general decline in your quality of life
Your lawyer may document and assign a value to your losses, then use those losses as the basis for any lawsuit that you bring.
A Lawyer Can Fight for You
Some of the ways in which a lawyer may assist you after a motorcycle accident include:
- Gathering evidence from your accident
- Organizing documentation of your injuries, which may show precisely how you were harmed by the person who caused your accident
- Calculating the value of all losses that you have suffered because of your motorcycle accident
- Filing your lawsuit and all subsequent pleadings and discovery that are necessary to complete your lawsuit
- Hiring experts to provide testimony on behalf of your case
- Negotiating a settlement with the attorney or attorneys for defendants in your lawsuit
- Preparing your case for trial if the opposing parties refuse a reasonable settlement
- Trying your case to a Jury
- Ensuring you get the most compensation possible for your losses
A lawyer may be able to answer your questions and provide advice on all aspects of your lawsuit. Having an attorney will allow you to focus on recovery or facing the passing of a loved one while your lawyer seeks the compensation you may be entitled to.
Click to contact our Texas City Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call a Texas City Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
A Texas City motorcycle accident lawyer will be a significant help to you after being injured or losing a loved one because of a motorcycle accident. Call Blass Law today at (713) 225-1900. We will work hard to get you the best possible outcome for you or your loved one.
Call or text 713-225-1900 or complete a Case Evaluation form