- Set a password.
- You can use a numeric password, Face ID, Touch ID, or whatever your phone supports. Keep nosey acquaintances from seeing your private items.
- Set up an iCloud or Google account and KNOW your password.
- If your phone is confiscated or lost you can locate it or remotely wipe it. We’ve had cases where this saved our client’s tush.
- Encrypt and update your phone.
- These are simple settings to enable. Once enabled it all happens automatically.
- Don’t use SMS.
- SMS is not secure! Messages are stored on a remote server, allowing the police to get your data without you knowing. Use Signal messenger instead. We 💕 Signal with automatic message expiration.
- Use a VPN (virtual private network).
- This sends all of your data through a secure tunnel. It greatly reduces the chances of being tracked. We use Private Internet Access.
The following two tabs change content below.
Jay Blass Cohen is a Criminal Defense / DWI Defense / Serious Injury lawyer at Blass Law. Jay continually gets excellent results for his clients by staying a step ahead. Jay is committed to fighting to the end for his clients, ensuring the best possible outcome. That's Jay. Commitment, knowledge, education, protection, and the Fight. Keeping Innocent People Innocent®
Latest posts by Jay Cohen (see all)
- Harris County Criminal Court Relocation - December 4, 2019
- Should you refuse a breathalyzer during the holidays? - November 7, 2019
- Can you get a DWI in Texas on an electric scooter? - September 30, 2019