If you’ve been arrested for a criminal offense in Houston, you’re probably confused and a little scared of what the future holds for you. Your future is at stake, and you need to act fast to put together a plan for saving it.
That’s where I can help.
I’m Jay Cohen, a criminal defense lawyer and founder of Blass Law PLLC. I will always fight hard to ensure you get the best outcome. I focus on all types of criminal defense cases for a range of practice areas.
When you choose Jay Cohen, you can be sure to always get:
- Excellent communication throughout your case – It’s important for you to know where you stand at all times throughout your case. That’s why I’m committed to always keeping you informed of the status of your case, so you can properly consider all of your options.
- Outstanding legal advice – I know Texas laws inside and out. Let us examine the facts of your case so we can determine the best course of action for fighting these charges.
- Superior legal services – Hiring a knowledgeable, well-credentialed attorney doesn’t have to be expensive. I make it reasonable for you to hire a great lawyer.
When everything’s on the line, Houstonians turn to Blass Law for exceptional legal counsel. Our extensive knowledge allows us to take a sound, proactive approach in a wide range of criminal defense cases.
Criminal Defense Areas of Practice
Blass Law offers criminal defense representation for the following types of cases:
- Assault – Most commonly we defend people charged with assault family violence. If you have been accused of any type of assault, including assault of a family member, or aggravated assault. We can help you!
- DWI -Don’t let a DWI conviction turn your life upside down. Jay Cohen guarantees that he will always fight hard on your behalf, and he’ll do everything in his power to have the case dismissed or to compel the jury to reach a not guilty verdict.
- Criminal Defense Counsel – If you’ve been charged with a serious criminal offense, like a DWI, you need a legal counselor by your side who will help you understand the intricacies of your charges and work aggressively to determine the best course of action for your situation.
- Driving with suspended license – Driving with a suspended license in Texas could lead to exorbitant fines and a longer suspension of your driving privileges. It’s a potentially serious criminal charge that can turn your life upside down.
- Expunction of Criminal Record – If you were arrested for a crime but later not convicted, you could qualify to have your criminal record expunged, so that the arrest is no longer shown on your records.
- Probation Violations – When it comes to probation violations, you can’t afford to take any chances. There are two sides to every story. Let Jay Cohen tell your side to help you avoid getting sent back to jail or having your probation extended.
- Boating While Intoxicated (BWI) – There are stiff penalties for boating while intoxicated in Texas. These penalties include heavy fines and/or jail time. If you’ve been arrested for boating while intoxicated, let Jay Cohen educate you on your options.
- Flying while intoxicated – Even though flying while intoxicated cases are fairly rare, they do occur and there are serious penalties in Texas for being convicted of this offense. Turn to Jay Cohen for trusted counsel if you’ve been charged with flying while intoxicated.
- DWI with child passenger – The state of Texas takes charges of driving while intoxicated with a child passenger very seriously. If convicted, you’ll face long-lasting consequences. If you’ve been arrested for DWI with a child passenger, let Jay Cohen give you a FREE case review today.
- Getting an Occupational License in Houston – Did your driver’s license get suspended because you refused to submit to a blood-alcohol test, you were convicted of DWI, you didn’t have car insurance, got too many speeding tickets, or you just didn’t file for a hearing in time to save your license? No matter what the reason, you’re now finding out that not having a driver’s license can cause you to go to jail, and other serious complications, making it difficult for you to get to work and take care of essential household needs.
- Drug Crimes – When you’re facing drug charges in Houston, it’s understandable to be anxious and afraid of what’s going to happen to you. After all, a drug conviction can be a felony, meaning you could spend time in prison, pay thousands of dollars in fines, lose your job, and lose just about everything.
- Defending Drug Possession for Controlled Substances – When you’re facing drug charges in Houston, it’s understandable to be anxious and afraid of what’s going to happen to you. After all, a drug conviction can be a felony, meaning you could spend time in prison, pay thousands of dollars in fines, lose your job, and lose just about everything.
- Drug Distribution & Intent to Distribute (Selling Drugs) – When you’ve been charged with drug distribution and sales in Houston, your future is immediately put on the line. Getting convicted of these serious charges can land you in prison (for life!), cost you thousands of dollars in fines, and leave a permanent mark on your record. It could also cost you your career, your relationships, your voting privileges, and so much more.
- Attorneys for Drug Possession Charges – Have you been charged with drug possession in Houston? If so, it’s critical that you contact an experienced drug possession defense lawyer in Houston as soon as possible. Depending on the specifics of your case, you could be facing very serious penalties if convicted.
- Texas Drug Trafficking Defense Lawyers – Drug trafficking is a federal crime that carries harsh penalties. The minimum sentence for drug trafficking is 5 years in prison for most Schedule I and Schedule II drugs. Trafficking of marijuana can land you in prison for up to 5 years…even if it’s just one plant! And with federal prisons mandating that at least 85% of the sentence be served, you have to do everything in your power to beat a drug trafficking conviction.
- Sexual Assault of a Child Defense Lawyers – Are you charged with sexual assault of a child in Texas? This is one of the most serious criminal charges anyone can face and can result in time in prison. A conviction can also require a person to be a registered sex offender for their entire life.
Schedule Your FREE Case Evaluation
If you’ve been charged with a criminal offense, you can’t waste time. The sooner you hire me, the sooner I can get started and preserve evidence that could be your ticket to freedom. In the case of DWI, you have just 15 days from the date of your arrest to request a hearing to save your license, so you have to act now.