A DWI conviction in La Porte, TX, can come with lifelong repercussions for your career, social life, and future. You do not want to try to fight these charges on your own. Let the Blass Law team represent your best interests. We offer confidential case evaluations. Call (713) 225-1900 today to schedule yours with a La Porte DWI defense lawyer.
Blass Law Knows How to Handle Texas DWI Defense Cases
The Blass Law team, led by career Houston criminal defense attorney Jay Cohen, works for families like yours every day. Cohen has never worked for the prosecutor’s office, instead dedicating his career to clients who face accusations and charges. At Blass Law, we can help you defend your reputation and your future. We understand how stressful and scary this type of situation is and what it takes to get a favorable outcome in this type of case.
We offer strategic and aggressive representation for our clients, representing them during their Administrative License Revocation (ALR) hearing, protecting their rights, and pursuing a positive outcome in court. All our case evaluations are confidential. We have the answers you are looking for.
Call (713) 225-1900 today to learn more about what a La Porte DWI lawyer from Blass Law can do for you.
For a free legal consultation with a dwi lawyer serving La Porte, call 713-225-1900
We Take on DWI, DUI, and Other Alcohol-Related Cases
Blass Law can handle almost any type of La Porte DWI or other alcohol-related charges. If a law enforcement officer arrested you for drunk driving or another related offense, we can develop a defense strategy to fight for a more favorable outcome. Charges we fight include:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Open container violations
- Intoxication assault or intoxication manslaughter
Texas drunk driving laws are strict. You could face a DWI arrest after a traffic stop or accident if:
- The police conducted blood alcohol content (BAC) testing, and your blood tested at .08 percent or above
- The police believe your behaviors indicated intoxication, but you refused testing
- The police believe you do not have the proper faculties to operate your vehicles safely
You could face a DWI charge in Texas if you are under the legal drinking age but have a detectable level of alcohol in your blood in your system.
Boating while intoxicated charges are also somewhat common in La Porte, and are possible if you test over .08 percent or a police officer believes you are operating a boat while impaired.
La Porte DWI Lawyer Near Me 713-225-1900
A DWI Conviction Could Have Lifelong Repercussions
Even as a first-time offender, the penalties related to a conviction can be serious and life-altering.
What happens when you get a DWI for the first time?
- Up to $2,000 in fines
- Up to six months in county jail
- Loss of driver’s license for up to a year
A second-offense conviction could result in:
- Up to $4,000 in fines
- 30 days to one year in county jail
- Loss of driver’s license
A third or subsequent conviction is sometimes called a habitual DWI, and could result in felony-level punishments. This could include:
- Up to $10,000 in fines
- Two to 10 years in state prison
- Loss of driver’s license
You could also receive additional penalties for other offenses or enhanced charges. This could include:
- Having an open container in your vehicle (The penalty for an open container violation—when charged with DWI as well—is a minimum of six days in jail.)
- Having a BAC of .15 or higher
- DWI with a child in the car (You will face up to two years in state jail.)
- Intoxication assault or intoxication manslaughter (A conviction for either of these offenses could mean a decade or more in prison.)
- If you have prior offenses, your charge will be enhanced.
Any time someone gets arrested for DWI in Texas, they automatically receive an Administrative License Revocation (ALR). This loss of driving privileges is separate from your criminal case and will go forward even if your charges get dropped. You only have a short period after your arrest to challenge the ALR. A La Porte DWI lawyer can help you with this process if you reach out to us in the first hours or days after your arrest.
Blass Law Will Aggressively Protect Your Reputation and Future
At Blass Law, we can ensure your rights remain protected and pursue a favorable outcome in your La Porte DWI case. We approach each case strategically, planning an aggressive defense. Depending on the facts of your case and the circumstances of your arrest, a favorable outcome may include:
- Helping the prosecutors decide not to file charges against you
- Getting the charges against you dropped or reduced
- Negotiating a plea deal for a lesser charge and lighter sentence
- Working out a deal for a probated sentence
When possible, we will put a plan in place to prevent a DWI conviction. In some cases, though, a probated sentence may be a viable alternative to jail time and other serious penalties. Called community supervision in Texas, probation requires you to follow strict rules for a year or more instead of serving your original sentence. While the rules are strict, they may interfere with your life less than going to jail or paying a large fine.
Complete a Free DWI Case Evaluation form now
Talk to a La Porte DWI Lawyer About Your Case
At Blass Law, we offer confidential case evaluations. Let a La Porte DWI attorney answer your questions and address your concerns, building a solid case for a more favorable outcome on your behalf. We will protect your rights and represent you as we fight the charges you face.
Call us now at (713) 225-1900 to learn more about how we can help you.