Getting hurt in an accident or attack can take a toll on your physical, emotional, and financial well-being. If you were injured in such an incident in Baytown, TX, you don’t have to let the liable party get away with not covering your losses. A personal injury lawyer from our team can work to hold them accountable and pursue compensation for your lost income, pain and suffering, and medical expenses.
If you call us today, we will give you a step-by-step overview of how the legal process will play out, in addition to determining if your case qualifies for financial recovery.
No Negligence Means no Case
Before you can even begin pursuing compensation, you must first prove that:
- The other party owed you a duty of care.
- They breached that duty of care.
- This breach led to an accident and your injuries.
- You are now dealing with the repercussions of those injuries: economic and non-economic damages.
Using your testimony and other evidence, we can help you demonstrate how all these elements correspond to your injury case.
Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries and Losses
Everyone sustains different damages in a personal injury accident, but they typically fall under two categories: non-economic and economic losses.
These damages are non-financial and have affected you emotionally and physically. Because their worth is relative to each case, they are difficult to calculate. However, by looking at your economic damages, we can figure out a fair monetary price for each non-economic damage.
Some examples of non-economic losses include:
- Mental anguish: The accident could have been detrimental to your mental and emotional health, causing you to suffer from anxiety, phobias, and insomnia.
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries might inhibit you from participating in recreational activities you enjoy.
- Disfigurement and scarring: Your injuries could have been so severe that your appearance changed and your mobility decreased.
These damages came with a price tag and made a dent in your finances. If you were in an accident, you might have incurred:
- Medical expenses: You might be charged for emergency and ongoing medical treatment.
- Lost income: Your injuries and regular doctor’s appointments forced you to miss time working.
- Future loss of earning potential: You can’t work full-time or even part-time at your previous level anymore, so you have to take on a lower-paying position.
- Property damage: This loss could account for vehicle repair or replacement, in addition to other belongings that were damaged or destroyed in the incident.
- Other related expenses: Because your injuries are so debilitating, you might need in-home assistance to take care of your children and do household chores.
If your loved one lost their life in the accident, please accept our condolences. We understand that nothing can change what happened, but financial recovery can help cover some of the unexpected costs. In a wrongful death case, you can claim damages for:
- Your loved one’s funeral
- Your loved one’s burial plot and tombstone
- Your loved one’s medical expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s care and services
- Your own pain and suffering and loss of financial support and guidance
Note that the damages listed here don’t include everything you can recover. In fact, you might be entitled to forms of compensation you don’t know about yet. A personal injury lawyer in Baytown can study the facts of your case and assess all your damages.
Our Personal Injury Team Can Help You Prove the Other Party was Negligent
We make our clients’ needs a top priority. Part of that is taking over the complexities of navigating the legal system while you heal from your injuries and spend time with your loved ones.
With that, you can trust us to:
- Regularly update you on the status of your case
- Compile your evidence file, including pictures and/or video of the incident scene, your injuries, witness testimony, police reports, 911 calls, and your medical records
- Identify the at-fault and liable parties
- Demonstrate the other party or parties’ negligence
- Speak to all involved parties (e.g., the insurance companies, the other party’s legal representatives, etc.)
- File your claim and/or lawsuit
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf
- Represent you at trial if the other party refuses to agree to a fair settlement
We encourage you to reach out to us if you have any questions or if you have discovered something new about your case.
Meeting Texas’ Statute of Limitations in Personal Injury Cases
If we conclude that filing an insurance claim won’t get you the best results, we can file a lawsuit.
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, the State of Texas typically allows claimants two years to file a lawsuit for both personal injury and wrongful death.
Given enough notice, we can help you comply with this deadline. Otherwise, we might not have the chance to pursue compensation for you, as the American Bar Association (ABA) explains.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Baytown
At Blass Law, we serve clients who have been injured in a variety of accidents. In Baytown, Texas we have lawyers specialized in the following areas of activity related to injuries caused against you or your loved ones:
- Car accident lawyers
- Motorcycle accident lawyers
- Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyers
- Truck accident lawyers
- 18-wheeler accident lawyers
- Maritime accident lawyers
- Drunk driving accident lawyers
- Dog bites or attack lawyers
- Wrongful death lawyers
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t see the case you were involved in here. Even if you’re not sure about your exact accident type, we still want to hear from you and see how we can help you and your family.
The Attorneys at Blass Law Can Help You Fight for Your Case
You can rely on a Baytown personal injury lawyer with our firm to defend your rights and fight to pursue the financial settlement or award you need after your accident in Baytown.
For more information, reach out to us at (713) 225-1900 today.